Appeal for Your Photos!
Submit your nature photos of Lincoln. Each year the LLCT/RLF produces the Open Spaces of Lincoln Calendar and Nature Note Cards, which are a stunning showcase of Lincoln’s rural landscapes, abundant wildlife, and recreational activities. All proceeds benefit the conservation, stewardship, and educational activities of the LLCT.
Photographs can be submitted year-round, but are due by August 15, 2018 for consideration for the 2019 calendar and note card set.
Email submissions to email@example.com, or mail a CD or flash drive to:
(Note: Submission will not be returned unless by special request.)
Lincoln Land Conservation Trust
ATTN: Calendar Photos
P.O. Box 10
Lincoln, MA 01773
There is no limit to the number of photos you can submit. Photographers of all ages and levels – novice to professional – are welcome to participate!
- Must be taken in Lincoln, MA.
- Can be from any year and any season.
- Should capture the rural and natural landscape and waterways, the plants and wildlife, and the recreational activities that occur on Lincoln’s conservation land: e.g., farming, canoeing, skating, skiing, sledding, fishing, walking/hiking, riding horses, etc.
- May be in color or black & white.
- May not be altered or manipulated beyond minor touch ups such as removal of dust, cropping, minor adjustments to color and contrast, and so forth
- Can be shot as landscape or portrait. Landscape is best suited to monthly pages. Landscape or portrait work fine for small photos
- Must be submitted as a JPEG or PNG.
- Must have a minimum capture resolution of 3000x2000 pixels (6 megapixels). Please use the highest setting on your camera.
- Must not exceed a file size of 15 MB.
It is very helpful to have all photo files follow this naming protocol:
By submitting your photo to the Lincoln Land Conservation Trust and the Rural Land Foundation (LLCT and RLF), you hereby grant to the LLCT and RLF permission to use your photos in our Open Spaces of Lincoln Calendar and Nature Scenes Note Card series, as well as on our website, in our eNewsletter, on our Facebook page, in our Annual Report and for other print and electronic promotions. All photographs will be credited with the caption “Photo by Person’s Name” and can include a URL by request, which your name will be linked to.
If you have any questions about the agreement or reservations about any of the conditions described above, please notify the LLCT and RLF at the time of submission. It is not our intent to abuse the privilege of having your photo in our care; rather, we have come to realize that the photos submitted are truly fabulous (and we can’t use them all because of limited space!) and we often wish to use them for purposes beyond the calendar and note card series. By including this new usage agreement, we are simply seeking to get full permissions ahead of time to be able to use your photo for other purposes of the LLCT and RLF. We do very much appreciate your artistry and generosity in sharing your photography with us.
If your photo is selected for the calendar or note cards, you will be notified using the contact information you provide to us in your email and you will receive a complimentary calendar and/or set of note cards.