Participation Instructions for the Winter Animals Scavenger Hunt-LIVE STARTING 2/20/2021
There’s a new trail app in town! LLCT is working with OuterSpatial to provide an easy-to-use, interactive trail map of Lincoln. With the app, you can easily locate yourself on the trails, explore new properties, post photos and share stories, and find out about trail updates and upcoming programs.
For the Winter Animals Scavenger Hunt, you’ll be using OuterSpatial to find the animals and upload your selfies. This scavenger hunt is free to participate in and open to all.
- Download OuterSpatial (it’s free!) from the Apple App Store or Google Play/Android App Store.
- Once you’ve downloaded Outerspatial, follow this link from your mobile device to go directly to the Winter Animals Scavenger Hunt Outing: https://outerspatial.link/IqBayQw9Ydb
- If you have any trouble finding the Scavenger Hunt in OuterSpatial, there are additional instructions and screenshots in the PDF at the end of this page.
- Explore the “Information” and “Map” tabs in the Scavenger Hunt Outing to view the eight stops. Zoom in on the map to determine their exact location. If you click on a stop, you’ll see a clue to help you find that sculpture.
- Once you’re out on the trails you’ll be looking for creative animal sculptures. Each stop will have a sign with the artist’s name and a fun animal fact. Please do not touch or sit on the art.
- Once you’ve visited a stop, take a selfie and upload it to the Scavenger Hunt’s “Social” tab by clicking the orange plus button. You’ll need to make a free OuterSpatial Account to upload. Caption your selfie with the prompt provided at the sculpture and in the app.
- When you’ve visited all of the stops and uploaded your eight selfies, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll mail you a prize! Please note that the eighth stop will only be active from February 27th-28th! When you email us, please indicate whether you’d like a gift card from Twisted Tree or Something Special and include your mailing address.
- Note: If you have any trouble with the app or prefer not to upload your selfies, you can submit your questions and photos via email to complete the hunt. Email email@example.com.