Happy Earth Day! Be inspired by Barbara Peskin’s Moments in Nature video!
On this 50th Anniversary of Earth Day, LLCT is celebrating the hard work of the past five decades, which dramatically expanded protected open spaces and reduced pollution in the environment. Now, we look towards a future focused on climate change action.
Continued land conservation and ecosystem protection remain critical pieces of the climate change solution by providing carbon sequestration services and ensuring local ecosystems are resilient to change.
We encourage you to take today to celebrate the Earth. Every action, no matter how small, makes a difference.
What can you do today?
- Plant a tree (or a pollinator friendly plant)
- Pick up litter on the trails (use gloves!)
- Pull invasive plants in your yard or on a nearby trail. It’s garlic mustard season!
- Take a photo in nature and share with family and friends to inspire them (you can also share photos with us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Watch a nature documentary or educational video
- Choose green energy alternatives-whatever best suits your needs!
- Choose green transportation, when possible
- Turn off a light you aren’t using
- Write your representatives and remind them how important environmental and climate change legislation is to you
- Find a virtual event to participate in today
- Enjoy Lincoln’s trails! (Please observe temporary COVID-19 trail guidelines)